No products in the cart.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Stair Remodel
When choosing to remodel your staircase, knowing some basic Do’s and Don’ts can save you some time and money.
Stair Remodel Do’s
- Consult a local professional before you begin. They can measure your stairs and make sure you are purchasing the correct type and quantity of parts.
- Consult an interior designer. There are many finishes and styles of stair parts and you want to make sure you get something that will look great in your home.
- Read all product descriptions & FAQs before you buy. They have valuable information that may answer all of your questions and/or may influence your buying decision.
- Compare reviews before buying. And then once you realize we are the #1 most and best reviewed online stair company, order from us 🙂
- Order well in advance. There are plenty of issues that could happen that nobody can control which might delay your parts arriving on time.
Stair Remodel Don’ts
- Don’t mix and match parts. Try to stay within the same family of parts. This means having the same size, finish and bar style (smooth, hammered, round) will produce a better design than mixing and matching parts.
- Don’t rush. A stair remodel is a big decision. Do your research and make sure you order the correct parts.
- Don’t order last minute. A truck could break down. A pallet could get ran over. A pallet could be lost. Order in advance incase we have to reship anything.
- Don’t mix vendors. Many vendors have different styles and finishes, but use the same name. Order all of them from us to ensure a matching finish.
- Don’t order from anyone else. Seriously. We are a real company with a real warehouse and we care about your order. Most of the other guys are nothing but drop-shippers and they don’t even have a warehouse and they ship from a variety of different vendors so you never know if you are getting the “good stuff”.