Freight / LTL Shipping Terms of Sale
Orders over 150 pounds are shipped with a Freight shipper of our choice on a pallet. If delivering to a residential address, the shipper will NOT unload the parts for you unless you have a loading dock. They can however hand off the parts box by box. Alternatively you can get a Lift-Gate but the shipping companies typically charge extra for this. Lift-gate is a service that you must agree with and work-out directly with the shipper as we do not arrange it or handle the billing for it. Avoid this charge by just unloading the boxes by hand. Plan to have help unloading if you are unable to lift a 45 pound box.
- We do not use USPS and do not ship to PO. Box.
- Orders placed after 11am CST typically ship next business day.
- Shipping Business days include M,T,W,Th,Fri. excluding holidays.
- Orders under 150 pounds typically ship Fedex Ground or UPS Ground.
- Orders OVER 150 pounds will ship via a heavy freight carrier of our choice.
- Freight / LTL only includes a lift-gate if you chose that option during checkout. If you did not choose it, you must unload the boxes off the back of the truck as the carrier will not off-load the whole pallet without lift-gate option paid for. They typically ship this on your typical 18-wheeler delivery truck. If your house is not accessible (very rare) you may need to meet them at the local terminal to pick up or at the closest location they can drive to.
- Freight carriers will call and make an appointment with you before the deliver. The ETA on the tracking is just an estimate.
- Freight orders are stacked in multiple boxes and can be unloaded piece by piece to avoid lift-gate service.
- You must be present when receiving a Freight / LTL shipment. You must sign for and inspect the pallet for damage. Please note ANY damage you find.
- Orders that qualify for Free Shipping usually get shipped on a Pallet via a Freight Truck and the same shipping terms apply to these orders.
- Shipping Time: 3-7 business days. Shipping from Houston, Tx.
- Local Pick-Up not available. Free Local Delivery Available.
- CANADA CUSTOMERS – Enter your broker information in the comment box at the bottom. Canada orders with no broker will NOT be shipped.
- A change in address after it has shipped will result in re-consignment fees that you will be responsible for.
** Never tear down existing railing or schedule workers to arrive before you have your parts delivered and inspected. We are not responsible for any scheduling conflicts or financial loss due to product not arriving on a specific day or not arriving correctly or arriving damaged. In the 13 years I have ran this website I have seen this happen many times and it is not fun for anyone. Please only tear down when ready to install and only schedule paid workers when products are ready. There are forces outside of anyone’s control and we must prepare for the potential of bad weather, a flat tire, a truck breaking down, a pallet vanishing into thin air and in the very rare instance, an incorrect shipment or defective part. ** It happens on almost every home remodeling TV show and it could happen to us, so please use caution with tearing down or paying workers before you have products ready to go.
Claims – Poor Quality, Damaged or Defective Parts
In the rare event of damaged material, quickly inspect your entire order. We only have 2 (two) days to file a claim with the shipping company due to damaged parts. You will need to send us pictures of the boxes & damaged parts within 2 (two) days of receiving your products. Claims after 2 (two) days will not be accepted.
We can re-ship damaged material free of charge. We will ship it 3-5 days Ground only. We will not express out any order. If required, you can pay an express charge for shipping replacement, or just wait for the ground order to deliver free.
In the rare event that poor quality parts snuck past our inspectors, we can reship new material free of charge. In some cases pictures may be required. Again we will NOT express out any order due to damage or defects. We will only re-ship it standard ground, at no charge to you. If you require an express replacement, you can pay the express fees if you wish.
Returns, Exchanges & Restocking Fees
We follow the same industry standard policies with returns, exchanges & restocking fees. We only accept returns up to 30 days from the time you received your parts. We will not accept return or exchange on any product that has been used in any way (such as cut, sanded, glued, or any action that causes any damage to the product) or any custom orders (see Custom Wood Orders further down on this page). There will be a 25% restocking charge for all returned orders.
You will need to call or email us and we can create an RMA number for you. You will be required to ship the material back to us and ensure it doesn’t get damaged in transit. Damaged parts will not be accepted back and you will have to file claim with your shipping company.
For an exchange, customer will be required to submit a pay for a new order. Customer will then be required to mail back original order to us via the Return Process mentioned above to receive credit back on their return. We will not ship out any unpaid merchandise.
We never credit back shipping fees for any return or exchange order unless their was an error on our part which caused the need for a return/exchange.
Restocking fees help us pay for the labor required to pull, pack & ship your order. There is labor required to receive in, inspect and restock the parts as well as to recoup the many fees associated with business such as when we pay for the outbound shipping on free shipping orders. There are no exceptions on restocking fees except in an instance where we made the mistake.
Custom Wood Orders
Orders that are custom milled (most parts other than red oak) are not returnable. These are custom made per order and you are unable to exchange or return them.
We charge sales tax in numerous states and you will see that total during checkout. Please be aware we tax shipping as shipping & handling is taxable.
Cancellations & Order issues
We reserve the right to cancel your order at any time and for any reasons. Sometimes orders are unable to be filled due to a variety of reasons including the following: backorders, product issues, listing errors, staffing issues, shipping issues and other situations that may prevent us from being able to complete your order. We will always cancel the order, void the transaction or refund your money accordingly.
We reserve the right to change our Terms of Sale at any time.
Price Adjustments / Price Protection
We follow the same system Amazon uses for it’s pricing protection program. If prices increase, we will honor the old price for up to 7 days since the increase. If prices decrease, we will honor price difference refunds for up to 7 days since the price decrease. This however will not be valid for coupons / promotions, only general price adjustments. After 7 days no adjustments will be honored, no exceptions.
Only one coupon valid per transaction. Must use sharing box on site to receive coupon code. Coupons not valid on items already on sale.