The Do’s and Don’ts of Stair Remodel
Embarking on a staircase remodel can be an exciting yet daunting task. To ensure a successful outcome and minimize potential issues, it’s essential to follow specific do’s and don’ts. In this guide, we share expert tips on how to make the most of your stair remodel project while avoiding common mistakes.
Do’s for a Successful Stair Remodel:
- Consult a Local Professional: Before starting your project, consult with a local professional who can accurately measure your stairs and ensure you purchase the correct type and quantity of parts. Their expertise will help you avoid costly mistakes and ensure a smooth remodeling process.
- Seek Advice from an Interior Designer: An interior designer’s guidance can be invaluable when it comes to selecting the right finishes and styles for your stair parts. Their keen eye for design will help you choose parts that complement your home’s aesthetic and create a cohesive look.
- Thoroughly Read Product Descriptions & FAQs: Before making a purchase, take the time to read product descriptions and FAQs thoroughly. These resources contain valuable information that can answer your questions and influence your buying decision.
- Compare Reviews: Before buying stair parts, compare reviews from various sources. This will give you a sense of the quality and reliability of different products, ultimately leading you to the best-reviewed online stair company for your needs.
- Order in Advance: To avoid potential delays, order your stair parts well in advance. This will allow for any unforeseen issues that could disrupt the arrival of your parts.
Don’ts to Avoid During Stair Remodel:
- Avoid Mixing & Matching Parts: For a cohesive design, try to stay within the same family of parts. This means using parts with the same size, finish, and bar style (smooth, hammered, round) to ensure a harmonious design.
- Don’t Rush the Process: A stair remodel is a significant decision, and it’s essential to take your time researching and planning. Being thorough will help ensure you order the correct parts and achieve the desired outcome.
- Don’t Order Last Minute: Ordering at the last minute can lead to potential issues, such as lost or damaged shipments. Ordering in advance allows for any necessary reshipments or replacements.
- Don’t Mix Vendors: Different vendors may use the same name for styles and finishes, but their products may not match. To ensure a consistent look, order all your parts from one reputable vendor.
- Don’t Order from Unreliable Sources: It’s crucial to order from a reputable company with a proven track record of customer satisfaction. Avoid drop-shippers or unfamiliar vendors, as they may not provide the quality and service you need for a successful remodel.
By following these do’s and don’ts, you’ll be well on your way to a successful stair remodel that elevates the aesthetic of your home. Remember to seek professional advice, choose parts carefully, and prioritize quality in your purchasing decisions.